Thursday, May 26, 2011

15 Down 15 To Go Half Way There

Praying in Color: Drawing a New Path to GodPraying in Color
Sybil MacBeth
Recommended by: (I'm cheating a little on this one) MomSense magazine May/June 2011
It took me 2 days to read it May 3 and 19 

Praying with the right side of your brain...
   Maybe you love color. Maybe you hunger to know God better. Maybe you are a visual or kinesthetic learner, a distractible or impatient soul, or a word-weary pray-er. Perhaps you struggle with a short attention span, a restless body, or a tendency to live in your head. (It's like they are writing about me!)
   This new prayer form can take as little or as much time as you have or want to commit. A minimum amount might be fifteen minutes. A half-hour works well. Any time of the day. Drawing is half the prayer, the other half is transporting the visual memories or actual images with you to pray throughout the day.
   "A new prayer form gives God an invitation and a new door to penetrate the locked cells of our hearts and minds," explains Sybil MacBeth. For many of us, using only words to pray reduces God by the limits of our finite words.

What I think: I almost didn't count this book because a person didn't recommend it. But a magazine is close enough because I really wanted to read it. :) Nice easy read. Took 2 days and now I love to pray  in color. I bought "good" pens and color away. I'm big on journals and this kind of feels like a visual art journal only about this and people I'm praying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment